Project manager - Half-time Position
This Project Manager is responsible for helping Keep Austin Fed to expand their outreach to the senior community. Working closely with the Program Director and the Logistics Coordinator, the PM will work to identify geographically distributed non-profit organizations that provide services to the senior community. The PM will be responsible for reaching out to these organizations to determine if they could benefit from partnering with Keep Austin Fed to receive wholesome food to distribute to their clients, what types of food are appropriate, and when and how this is best accomplished. Additionally, the PM will be responsible for using various avenues to recruit and engage volunteers over the age of 50. These recruitment and engagement activities may extend beyond the senior community. This half-time position reports to the Program Director and is based in Austin, Texas.
- Identify and serve as liaison to charitable organizations that serve the senior community as one of their primary demographics. We currently only have 1 organization that specifically targets the senior demographic. We need to expand this to at least 5 organizations to serve over 1000 seniors each week.
- Work with the KAF team to match appropriate food contributors with new recipient organizations serving clients 50+.
- Recruit and engage volunteers, focusing on those over 50. Grow our active volunteer force by 20%.
- Prepare reports on efforts for monthly Board meetings and quarterly grant reporting deadlines.
- Familiarize yourself with the volunteer operations of Keep Austin Fed and participate in food rescue runs as appropriate to effectively communicate our mission and core values to others.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in relevant field (preferred, not required)
- Two years’ experience managing volunteer or other staff
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, whimsical personality and a demonstrated ability to engage people of all ages and economic backgrounds.
- Proficient with technology and ability to master online systems for managing volunteer engagement
- Strong people skills and ability to motivate volunteers, potential food contributors, and food recipient organizations
- Flexibility and ease in operating in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills and track record of managing multiple tasks with initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Commitment to the mission of Keep Austin Fed and passion for addressing food waste and food insecurity in Austin
- Desktop computer, laptop computer, telephone. Applicant will be using their own personal equipment for daily operations; no computer or phone is provided by Keep Austin Fed.
- Requires communications by telephone, text, written communication, and in-person with commercial food retailers, charitable agencies, and volunteers.
- Work is carried out in several settings, including stores, offices, home, etc.
- Hours are fairly flexible throughout the day. Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Anticipated meetings with Program Director once per week. May occasionally be asked to join the Board of Directors meetings (3rd Thursday of the month, 7:30 – 9:30 pm)
- Travel anticipated between food contributor and recipient sites and home office.
Maximum budgeted salary for this half-time position is $18,000/year. This position is currently funded for one year. Depending on future funding, this position may extend beyond one year and/or may be eligible to become a 3/4 or full-time position.
Send resume, cover letter, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Keep Austin Fed is an equal opportunity
employer. We actively seek to build an organization that reflects the diversity of the population