The Programs Coordinator’s time will be split between logistics and volunteer engagement. The
Coordinator is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of pickup and delivery of food
donations, as well as building our volunteer pool to address the needs of the organization.
Working closely with the Executive Director, the Coordinator creates and tracks events in our
online platform and develops procedures to handle atypical food donations or donations
without scheduled volunteers or recipients. The Coordinator guides and motivates the SWAT
dispatch team that handles “on-demand” food donations and handles most of the real-time
communication with food contributors, recipient organizations, and volunteers and addresses
any problems or difficulties as they arise. This full-time position reports to the Executive
Director and is based in Austin, Texas.
• Implementing a new software platform for managing the logistics for food rescues.
• Maintaining the schedule of food rescue runs
• Managing the schedule and standard operating procedures of the SWAT dispatcher
• Performing initial runs for new food contributors and recipients to identify the details
• Identifying and soliciting volunteers to take on otherwise unfilled food runs
• Monitoring for last-minute cancellations of volunteers and engaging the SWAT process
• Ensuring tracking of volunteer impacts
• Marketing to build volunteer pool available to cover all food rescues, both scheduled
• Performing food rescue runs on a regular basis when necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree or above in relevant field or 2 years or equivalent experience.
• Two years of experience managing complex processes
• Proficient with technology and ability to master online systems and smartphone apps
for managing logistics of food rescue
• Strong people skills and ability to motivate volunteers, potential food contributors, and
food recipient organizations
• Flexibility and ease in operating in a rapidly changing environment
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills and track record of managing
multiple tasks with initiative
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a diverse group of stakeholders
• Commitment to the mission of Keep Austin Fed and passion for addressing food waste
and food insecurity in Austin
• Requires contact by telephone, text, written communication, and in-person with
commercial food retailers, charitable agencies, and volunteers.
• Desktop computer, laptop computer, telephone. Applicant will be using their own
personal equipment for daily operations; no computer or phone is provided by Keep
• Work is carried out in several settings, including stores, offices, home, etc.
• Hours are fairly flexible throughout the day. Occasional evening or weekend hours may
• Anticipated meetings with Program Director once per week. May occasionally be asked
to join the Board of Directors meetings (3rd Thursday of the month, 7:30 – 9:30 pm)
• Travel anticipated between food contributor and recipient sites and home office.
Starting Salary: $36,000/year. Additional benefits: personal time off
Send resume, cover letter, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Keep Austin Fed is an equal opportunity
employer. We actively seek to build an organization that reflects the diversity of the population