Logistics Coordinator - Half-time Position
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of pickup and
delivery of food donations. Working closely with the Program Director, the Coordinator creates
and tracks events in our online management system and develops procedures to handle
atypical food donations or donations without volunteers or recipients. The Coordinator guides
and motivates the SWAT dispatch team that handles last minute donations and has most of the
real-time communication with food contributors, recipient organizations, and volunteers and
addresses any problems or difficulties. This half-time position reports to the Program Director
and is based in Austin, Texas.
• Maintaining the online calendar of scheduled food runs
• Managing the schedule and procedures of the SWAT dispatcher team
• Creating and coordinating logistics team for SWAT food donations
• Performing “beta” runs of new food donors and recipients to troubleshoot the details
• Identifying volunteers to take on otherwise unfilled food runs
• Monitoring for last-minute cancellations of volunteers and engaging the SWAT process
• Ensuring tracking of volunteer impacts
• Bachelor’s degree or above in relevant field
• Two years experience managing complex logistical processes
• Proficient with technology and ability to master online systems for managing logistics of
• Strong people skills and ability to motivate volunteers, potential food contributors, and
food recipient organizations
• Flexibility and ease in operating in a rapidly changing environment
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills and track record of managing
multiple tasks with initiative
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a diverse group of stakeholders
• Commitment to the mission of Keep Austin Fed and passion for addressing food waste
and food insecurity in Austin
• Requires contact by telephone, text, written communication, and in-person with
commercial food retailers, charitable agencies, and volunteers.
• Desktop computer, laptop computer, telephone. Applicant will be using their own
personal equipment for daily operations; no computer or phone is provided by Keep
• Work is carried out in several settings, including stores, offices, home, etc.
• Hours are fairly flexible throughout the day. Occasional evening or weekend hours may
• Anticipated meetings with Program Director once per week. May occasionally be asked
to join the Board of Directors meetings (3rd Thursday of the month, 7:30 – 9:30 pm)
• Travel anticipated between food contributor and recipient sites and home office.
Send resume, cover letter, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Keep Austin Fed is an equal opportunity
employer. We actively seek to build an organization that reflects the diversity of the population